Sunday, May 16, 2010

System Analysis

Hello, apologies for the lack of postings within the past weeks. It's been eventful though! End of internship, Mother's day, Graduation, happy fun times with my friends, etc. As I sit here watching A Few Good Men with my adorable boyfriend across the sofa from me on his own computer, I can't help but to envision back to this location in my apartment on a given night within the past four months. If you had been a fly on the wall, you might have witnessed a similar scene: Matt and I seated on the couch, feet propped on the coffee table, dishes from dinner littering the wooden planks of its surface, and our computers casting bluish light on our faces as we type. YET, tonight the scene has a completely different tone. There is a sense of freedom about me as we sit. I feel relieved; I feel calm; I feel contented; I feel optimistic!! (Whereas in the past I've been pessimistic, grumpy, frowny, impatient... you name it.) Tonight, I'm done! I'm free. I'm completely open to spend my summer as I please.

Don't get me wrong, I love working hard toward a goal, but eventually you need to accomplish some sort of end to continue on any path. And I have. Thank God for the small little pit stops available on this road called "growing up." I accomplished much more than I thought I was capable of when I entered college, and entered the teacher education program as well. I've learned amazing things about myself. Most measurable items to mention are: increased patience, willpower, reflection, flexibility, professionalism, independence, and thoughtfulness; decreased procrastination, self-service, and temper. So there it is for you: my system analysis upon completion of internship. More than anything I'm thankful to be able to relax like I am right now, and while I look forward to the challenge of grad school and more work to come, I really really like the sight of my feet propped up on that table, crossed nonchalantly, and this blog pulled up on my screen, rather than a draft of a grammar quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment