This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless,
Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson done,
Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the
themes thou lovest best,
Night, sleep, death and the stars.
--Walt Whitman
Thanks Laura.
I'm finally done with year one of graduate school! I'm half done! It feels weird to be that much closer to my master's degree when I was only just finishing my student teaching this time last year. Literally! On the morning of May 6 last year I was recovering from entirely too much tequila drank during a Cinco de Mayo/last day of internship party. (Thankfully I didn't repeat the same shitshow this year, but that's probably because I've spent the past 2 days stuck at home writing a final paper and document analysis.) Hey! Everybody needs a marg on Cinco de Mayo!
What are my plans for the summer, you ask? Well, there's lots of fun events to go to (3 wedding invitations so far!), and lots of fun books to read (i.e., not homework!). There's a new movie premiering almost every weekend this summer (but I'm especially excited for Harry Potter!) I'll also be taking a rad summer class about environmental ethics and writing, as well as working with the International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration as en editorial assistant!
What am I forgetting? Hmm. ;-)
Matt's graduation!!! He's got lots of work ahead this first summer mini-mester, but in a month and a half he really will be done!!! I'm so happy for him too; he's worked very hard and it's all finally paying off.
No comments:
Post a Comment