Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A kick in the grass!!

First, can I say.... USA! USA! USA!

I just spent a couple of hours at work (where I admit I should have been working), watching the US women's national soccer team play France in the Women's World Cup semifinals. We won 3-1, and now we're headed to the finals!!!! You should watch the game on Sunday at 1pm.

Megan Rapinoe is one of my favorite players. She hasn't been starting these WWC games, but I think that's a strategy from Pia. When Rapinoe comes in, the whole game momentum changes. If we're already ahead, we get even further ahead. If we're behind, we catch up and then win! She's speedy, aggressive, and strong.


Then there's Christie Rampone, one of our awesome defenders. Rampone is awesomely good, and she reminds me of my very own sweeper/best friend: Kindal Reid (Yessick) (of BCHS and Huntingdon College fame). On Sunday, Matt and I stared with our mouths open as Rampone matched Marta (arguably the fastest women's soccer player in the world) step for step as she streaked down half of the field. Rampone is 36! Marta is 25!!)
All in all, I'm very proud of our ladies. I'd also brag on our keeper Hope Solo, but I think there are plenty of men out there singing her praises right now. (She and Alex Morgan are the hotties of the team.)

Rapinoe image: worldfootball.net. Rampone image: msn.foxsports.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment