Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dancing with Dragons? Turns out...a little dangerous...

So, I finally finished A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin. It was long and arduous. And seemed a bit too conservative for GRRM. I wanted more action throughout the novel, so by the time I reached the halfway point, and no one had died, I knew I was in for a loooooong haul. I have come to expect a leeeetle more from Mr. Martin. Can I say it differently?? Yeah. I fell asleep a few times because the chapters were too detailed and pretty boring.

But, I hear all of you fans out there groaning at me....you're right...I am very invested in the characters. So I kept going. And the stories are getting really really good! (Well, they've been really really good) but I'm finally getting some more Arya, and a tiny glimpse of Brienne! (And more Tyrion than anyone could stand.) I guess I'll stick with it. But, GRRM better get a handle on his Jon Snow storyline. I know the fans love him, but this is getting ridiculous!!

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment