Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Consider this a rant.

Last Friday, I transferred apartments in my complex. So far, this process has been one of the most hellish experiences I've had with living arrangements, and the incompetence in organizing and work ethics from the property managers are shocking.

So, here's a list of complaints with my apartment complex managers:
1. They haven't been timely about anything part of the moving/transferring/turnover process.
2. The people they hire to man the front desk (leasing agents?) and answer phones aren't filled in on details of the progress of the turnovers, so they just bullshit everyone who comes in the door (or calls) in order to get them to leave.
3. They make promises they can't keep (new vinyl flooring through the apartment? Nope, somebody botched up the order, and the installers didn't have enough to work with. So I'm stuck with carpet, albeit NEW carpet.)
4. They have no respect for residents who are GOOD residents. I've been here for 3 years already. Rent always paid on time, and I rarely had maintenance issues. I even left my old apartment room as spotless as possible to help the workers do their cleaning process!)
5. MOSTLY THOUGH: I have a complaint that someone cannot appreciate and just handle the situation in my new apartment. The previous resident smoked in this place, and THANK GOD the carpet was replaced. The walls and ceiling are bad enough.
6. So how should the property managers have handled this? From all I've read about the process of cleaning out cigarette smell, the apartment must be cleaned intensely from top to bottom, as well as heavily painted with a primer/sealing agent like Kilz. Have mine been done? Nope, and when I ask for these things to happen, I'm given the runaround, and people act like I'm asking something completely unattainable. AND like they're doing me a FAVOR by completing these tasks.
7. Well, these tasks haven't been completed yet, AND it shouldn't be a favor. You should handle your complex and provide a clean apartment for someone to move into. IN A TIMELY MANNER!

As far as the rest of the affected areas go, my mother and I spent 2.5 days cleaning every single surface of this place, air vents, doors, light fixtures, blinds, outlets and light switches, cabinets, appliances, a/c intake (that involved bleach, vinegar, vacuuming, and a small toothbrush)--and I'm extremely satisfied with our results!

NOW JUST COME PAINT MY CEILING! I'm already an impatient person, and I can live with the smell as it is now, BUT, you made this promise, in order to help me get the smell completely eradicated, SO FOLLOW THROUGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment