I've decided to participate in the 30 Day Song Challenge. (I'm jumping on the bandwagon popularized by my friend Ashley. See her blog and her song choices here.)
In the challenge, I will post one song per day, and each day requires a specific description.
Day 1: Your Favorite Song
The song posted below is my favorite hymn. It is my favorite song. Of all time. And always will be. The video is one I just found on YouTube, but my favorite version of the song will always be when it is sung in my home congregation. Our piano player gets out only the first few notes, and a particular member of our congregation, Alicia, a child with significant disabilities who often seems to be only focused on the members of her family seated immediately around her, begins to clap and stand and smile and talk because she recognizes the notes. She recognizes the song and its powerful message. Everyone else stands, ready to sing. No one needs the hymnal because we all know the words too.
No comments:
Post a Comment